Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Slow walkers

Stores need to have two lanes, a fast lane, and a slow lane. I mean really, get out of my way already! I'm a fast walker, AND I'm in a hurry most of the time, I get so aggravated with people just taking their sweet time, not caring that you are stuck behind them. I swear I'm about to install a plow on the front of my stroller!

If you have all the time in the world, I'm honestly truly happy for you, but please understand that not everyone enjoys that kind of stress-free life. I'm trying to run a house, run a business, and raise my son, so for me every minute counts, the 3 minutes I'm stuck behind you is 3 minutes that I should be doing something else. Seriously, do you not feel me breathing down your neck, do you not get the hint?

Or you also have two groups of people that thinks it's a good idea to stop and chat right beside each other, blocking the whole hallway. I seriously have fantasies of just plowing right into them with my stroller! Obviously I do stop to talk to people in the mall every now and then, but I normally try to stand on the side, so there is plenty of room for other crazy mamas trying to get their stuff done before the end of the day.

For me it's just a matter of respect, if I go just for a relaxing stroll with my husband and baby on a saturday afternoon, (most likely in a park!) but if I decide to do it in the mall, I walk either on one side or the other, so that other people can also go about their business without having to be stuck behind me.

So people, next time you are in the mall or grocerie store, and you see a tall chick, almost running, with a baby bouncing on her hip, get out of her way! And if she's wearing heels, it's most likely me so say hi! :)

1 comment: