Friday, April 9, 2010

Cupcakes

I can cook, but baking is a different story, with cooking you can kinda follow the recipes, add what you like, change it up and it's ok, with baking there are too many rules, you have to follow directions carefully, and it makes me nervous, so I don't do it.

The thing is, I don't like not being good at something, so I decided that I'm going to at least become a decent baker. I'm going to bake once a week and if no one dies I'll share it with my readers.

So this week's project was cupcakes, I got the recipe for 'Spring Cupcakes' from the Family Circle Magazine, April 2009 issue. It didn't look too complicated so gathered all my stuff and, once the baby was in bed, the husband gone to the gym, I baked, and it worked! I, however, had to change my plans slightly because originally I had planned to do the marshmallow frosting, but then read the instruction and wasn't too sure how to proceed, and my aunt wasn't home when I called her, so I opted for the regular frosting instead. I'm glad I did because it turned out really good and tasted yummy!

I left the frosting white but you can add food colorant to make them all cute, I just sprinkled some candies on mine .

I sent most of them at my husband's office and everyone loved them!

The recipe was easy to follow, finished product was yummy, so this week's baking mission was a successs!

1 comment:

  1. See Shoe!! I told u cupcakes would be successful!!!!!!
    Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete