Monday, October 18, 2010

Being a single mom means...

Means that I now have to put gas in my own car. No people, I had NEVER had to put gas in my car before in my 28 years of existence. Crazy enough for you? lol! I actually had my brother in law come with me the first time to teach me. I am now proud to say that I put gas in my car once a week and it doesn't even scare me anymore!

Being single also means I have to manage my own finances, YUK! I always hated it, and was more than happy to let my ex take over when we merged our finances. So far so good, I haven't missed a payment on anything, or let my account go in the red yet, let's hope I can keep this up!

It means I have to get up super early in the morning on the weeks where I have Noah if I want to have time to do my hair and make-up, because once Mister Noah is up, let me tell you, there is no getting ready! We seems to have found a morning ritual that works for both of us, which basically means that I get up at the crack of dawn every morning, get ready and only wake him once I'm pretty much ready to go. That way I only have to focus on him and getting him ready. I must say, he's pretty cooperative so far, please stay that way for maman!

Being single means I spend my saturday nights sitting alone on the couch now. Every.single.week ends. I really have to make friends with more single ladies or I might go crazy! How am I supposed to meet new people if I sit alone at home all the time?

Also means that now I know who my real friends and family are, which is not much believe me. Funny how someone can be your best friend one day, then when you are not with your spouse anymore, wouldn't give you the time of the day. What? Was I a better person because I was with him? As much as it hurts, I guess I'm better off now, I don't need people that love me only if I'm with a certain person, you either love me or you don't in my opinion.

Stay tuned for my next post '' The ups and many downs of Online dating''

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am in essence astonished by the way you certain out almost every single little detail. It really is truly heading to aid me a fantastic offer. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so definitely.
    Chaussures de sécurité

    ReplyDelete